Wednesday, October 21, 2009

rain dance

Love days like these. Rainy weather always reminds me of Ollie Williams:


Another thunderstorm turned our school into a lagoon today, with raindrops falling so hard that it would splash up from the ankle-deep pools on the ground.



There was water falling downwards, upwards, sideways -- any attempt to use an umbrella or raincoat was rendered futile. I was already drenched from my walk back home after teaching, so I jumped in a few puddles (might as well!), took pictures, and danced the last few steps to my front door in the rain...until I realized my neighbor had been watching the whole thing. Awesome...

The front of my house, with my 5-year-old neighbor's merry-go-round rusting away in the rain

The electricity went out twice in the past half hour. Currently, this computer screen is the only light in my living room. Although I've outgrown my childhood fear of the dark, even the smallest source of light in the midst of darkness continues to be remarkably comforting.

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
(1 Peter 2:9)

Battery's running low -- will update more tomorrow...maybe?

Aju
I'll be back

6 comments:

  1. duuude that looks crazy! it really is a lagoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of the forrest gump when he describes how it rains "up-ways" hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Lovee RAIN!!! especially splashing around in it!!! :D stay safe CK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, I wish it rained like that here once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ck! i really enjoy your missions updates! Praise God! i'm going to be starting in january so i'm taking a break for now. for now, post grad life feels like a long summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not miss that...the days where my shoes got ownnned. Or the random power outages. But the familiar views of the schools and that neighbor's house/merry-go-round I DO miss!

    ReplyDelete