Sunday, October 10, 2010

ten

  1. The weather here has been amazing.  Spring is definitely the best season in PY
  2. Took a nap on a hammock made by local Guarani Indians
  3. Woke up in the middle of a swarm of wasps (or maybe large flying ants, it's not easy identifying the proper species when one is flailing about like a crazy person)
  4. Defended myself by wrapping the hammock around like a cocoon - the house was too far to brave an escape through the cloud of insects, so my natural instincts kicked in and I played dead until the swarm went away.  If I were an animal, I'd probably have the survival skills of an armadillo.
  5. Started my third Paraguay journal - my primary creative outlet, especially when Internet is down and I don't get to update the blog as often (like it's been doing lately)
  6. Sara B's "King of Anything" is insanely catchy. So is Chino and Nacho's "Niña Bonita"
  7. Things I am meditating on these days = Romans 3; EV; repentance; man's consistent faithlessness and God's consistent faithfulness
  8. Happy birthday, Melissa Mark! :)
  9. Today's date makes me think of those "10-10-321" phone service commercials (that later changed to "10-10-220," I think) featuring TV icons from the 1990s
  10. El fin.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahha dude I want a hammock...but I'm too tall for those

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man...you're brave. idk what i'd have done if i got stuck in a swarm of bugs...thinking about it makes me shudder =[[

    seek-when exactly are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete