
Nothing but linen in that tomb. He is risen!
"And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied."
1 Corinthians 15:14-19
I've heard various theories (like those presented in Lee Strobel's Case for Easter) arguing against the validity of the resurrection, and while they may be plausible, they are not irrefutably possible. It would take much more faith to believe in these false theories, than to accept the eyewitness accounts in Scripture and historical records as truth and believe that Jesus actually did rise up from the grave.
The entirety of my faith and salvation hinges upon the physical death and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. If these events are not true, then every single thing I've done in my life until now will have been done in vain. There would be no point in me being in Paraguay right now. There would be no point in working, studying, making money, getting married, having a family, and living happily ever after, just to lose it all some day. That is a life to be pitied.
I'm not a perfect Christian, but I am loved by a perfect Christ. And I am convinced that His perfect life, death, and resurrection was for me; that his blood has redeemed my sinful life; that I have been redeemed in my relationship with the Father. This is the glory of Christ. This is the Gospel. This is what I need to preach to myself (and others) daily.
Hallelujah! Jesus lives!
amen
ReplyDelete:) Thanks for your posts all week!
ReplyDelete