Friday, April 2, 2010

tetelestai



The betrayal, the trial, and the death of Jesus

"It is finished." The fulfillment of Scripture, the penalty for sin, the curse of the law, the power of Satan. All of it was finished when the life of Jesus was finished.

I will never, ever know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross. But because of Christ, I will never have to; He put an end to it all for me. It has been finished. He gave His precious life to save my worthless one.

What does Christ's death mean in your life? Does it mean anything at all? Or does it mean everything above all?

When I look upon the cross
In what might seem a senseless death
I see the wisdom of God
For there the sinless Holy One
Was made to be sin for me
Then He declared me righteous

So I will glory only in the cross
Yes, I will glory only in the cross
And I will make my boast
In the Lord Jesus Christ
Crucified to ransom us

No comments:

Post a Comment