Monday, July 19, 2010

full circle

How quickly a year flies by.

On July 6, 2009, I came to Paraguay with CPC-EM's summer mission team.  It wasn't until after I saw the team off two weeks later at the airport that my 1.5 year commitment really hit me.  Sometimes my days have felt too long; other times they've felt like they just weren't long enough.  But I can honestly say that every day has been a true blessing, and as the last third of my time here begins, I am convicted all the more to redeem the time, making the most out of the work I've been called to do in the short time I've been given to do it.

I confess I'm starting to feel a bit hurried and anxious as the end of the year draws nearer, but Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 reminds me that every single thing has already been ordained by the sovereignty of God.  There is a time for everything.  So don't worry, be happy, and let God be glorified.  Trust and obey.

1 There is a time for everything,         
and a season for every activity under heaven:  

2 a time to be born and a time to die,         
a time to plant and a time to uproot,   

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,         
a time to tear down and a time to build,   

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,         
a time to mourn and a time to dance,   

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,         
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,   

6 a time to search and a time to give up,         
a time to keep and a time to throw away,   

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,         
a time to be silent and a time to speak,   

8 a time to love and a time to hate,         
a time for war and a time for peace.  

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.

It´s been a few weeks since my official "anniversary," but things have been so crazy since I came back from Buenos Aires that I haven´t had a chance to update this blog until now.  In only a few days, the EM team will be arriving and serving with Iglesia Marangatu for two weeks.  It´s been interesting to be on the other end, preparing to receive the group instead of coming as part of one.  Please keep the team in your prayers as they get ready to serve in Paraguay!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh CK I am so excited/jealous for everyone because they get to see you! I cannot believe it's already been a year either; so crazy. I'm so glad to hear/read that the past year has been a blessing and I hope the rest of the time you have continues to be :) btw Joy and I were marveling at how you haven't gained weight in this midst of Paraguayan food...amazing

    ReplyDelete