Monday, August 30, 2010

peteĩ // one


The KM team arrived in good spirits this afternoon, with all 20+ pieces of luggage they brought with them intact. If you thought the EM group was well fed, the KM team took it to another level by bringing three suitcases of their own food. That’s in addition to the medical supplies, donated clothes, toys, games, snacks, accessories, three used laptops, and a brand-new HP Officejet 7000 printer (seriously!) that they carried over from the States. I have to hand it to our 1st-generation Korean brothers and sisters – when they do something, they sure know how to do it well.

We unpacked luggage, ate asado, counted out pills, and prepped for our first work day at La Esquina de la Sonrisa.  It's going to be a busy week, so please keep us in prayer as we minister to the physical and spiritual needs of the Paraguayans.

The latest CPC mission project = "Korean Grocery Store Ministry"
(the KMT brought SO. MUCH. FOOD. Not that I'm complaining)

Though tedious, counting out these pills was my favorite moment of the day.  I don't have many opportunities to hang out with a group of 50+ year-old 집사님s, who surprised me with their vivaciousness, wit, and energy. Maybe it's because I'm older now, and (a little) less full of adolescent pride and naïveté, but I'm starting to understand and appreciate more the words of the wise.  Boys and girls, listen to your elders!  Even if they're culturally and generationally worlds apart from where you're at, fundamentally, they know what they're talking about.


Fin.

1 comment: